Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lady Sophia's Lover: A Review

Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2)Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would have enjoyed this book more had I not read 'Worth Any Price' first. I knew what would eventually happen, but that is not to say that the book was completely wasted. I loved Ross' character. He always had such a solid head on his shoulders. Not like other men in historical romances who go off in jealous rages or fall into melodrama. Ross and Sophia's romance was touching and hot!

The story goes like this... Lady Sophia Sydney would do anything to ensnare the unattainable Sir Ross Cannon. Her goal -- to ruin his reputation and cause a scandal that would be the talk of all London. So she insinuates herself into his life by gaining his trust and living in his house.

The story quickly switches gears from her desire to destroy him to her desire to bed him. Her secretiveness is hardly shown and maybe that is because Sophia never had it in her for revenge in the first place. Not my favorite of the Bow Street Runners, but still enjoyable and worth a read. And I would recommend if you don't want the suspense ruined, I'd read this before 'Worth Any Price'.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment