Saturday, May 19, 2012

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor: A Didn't Even Finish Book Review

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1)Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This is the second Kleypas book I've picked up and could not finish. My major complaints are

1. Too short! This I've noticed is a common complaint.
2. Because it is too short there wasn't enough time to get invested in the characters.
3. The characters were bland and dare I say, boring. It was just after the first three to four chapters, I usually fall in love with her characters. That just doesn't happen in this book.

I had just finished reading for the fifth time, Love in the Afternoon. Where the characters are witty and interesting to this where the characters are kind of bland and stale. I hope that the next books in the series had more character development and better, more interesting characters.

I'm kind of hoping that she finishes this series and moves on to something else with better characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment