Saturday, January 1, 2011

Challenges

New Year and new possibilities. I have chosen to take on two challenges and I would like to lay out the rules for my challenges.

I want to take on the Library Challenge where I will read 100 library books starting from January 1st, 2011 to December 31, 2011. I will keep a record in my library account, here on my blog Inquisitor's List, goodreads, and my facebook account. The only one that will be available to the public is on this blog. I plan on reviewing every book I read, but knowing how busy I might be I will try to review every other book.

The second and quite possibly the most anticipated challenge for me this year is the Young Adult literature challenge. I am taking it on by reading 75 Young Adult books starting on January 1, 2011 and ending December 31, 2011. One of reasons for my anticipation is that I love the Young Adult section. My dream job would be to be a Young Adult Librarian. I was actually the Teen Services Coordinator for my library before I had to leave, sadly. I look forward to using this challenge to educate myself on the YA section more so than ever before. And another reason is that it just sounds like fun!

I am going to try to read a total of 175 books and not double dip my books in the challenges, but I fear time may get away from me like it usually does so I promise to make a solid effort, but don't be surprised if I use one book for both challenges.

It's a lot to take on, but I'm certain that it will pay off in the end. That is if my cat Mittens doesn't decide that while I'm writing reviews I should be petting her. It happens a lot. Here's to a great New Year, chocolate, books, and coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment