Saturday, January 8, 2011

E-book fans rejoice


Let me start by saying how much I am in love with the e-books. Now before everyone of the old school persuasion starts waving their pitchforks at my disregard for the physical presence of books, I love books... period! I own several bookcases full and love to have precious physical copies of my favorites, but digital books are a speedier way to pass on the written word. And I love the technological advances to copying and digitizing your book collection.

There are so many books that I own which would be easier if I could put them in e-book form. I have so many mangas and small volumes of graphic novels which take up so much space in my bag. With this new machine coming out in March or April will make scanning your physical collection much easier.

" Tap the Scan button and the spread is digitised and dropped onto an SD card, ready to be transferred to your computer. Each page is saved separately, thanks to the unit's two flash-equipped cameras." (Smith, 2010 para. 2).

This will not only quicken the process of scanning your books, but also make it easier by having the scanned pages fall into a SD card which can easily be placed into most e-readers out there today! Although I seriously look forward to the premiere of this neat little gadget, I don't look forward to the price tag.

For more information check out: http://www.reghardware.com/2011/01/07/ion_book_saver/

1 comment: