Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lily and the Major: A Review

Lily and the Major (Orphan Train, #1)Lily and the Major by Linda Lael Miller
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this book, but Lily was kind of a combination of my favorite kind of character and my least favorite character and I just couldn't like it. I did finish it. I was getting literary whiplash from the two of them going Yes-No-Yes-Yes-No and so on and so forth. One minute she is proud and ambitious and then next he is using her. I did not like this male lead whatsoever! He was far too commanding and not in the sexy way.

I hated how everyone was saying "Marry him" when all he was offering was her to be his mistress. For real!!! I wanted to see a stronger female lead and she had all the potential to be one, but she just didn't get there. I had read Emma and the Outlaw before this and thought that was slightly better. I don't mind a touch of indecisive in characters, but it can't be the whole fecking book.

If you need to finish the series then fine read it, but if you want enjoyable characters skip this and go to the other two. I plan on reading Caroline and the Raider and hope that those two are better written than these two.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment