Monday, December 26, 2011

Star Bright: A Review

Star Bright (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan #9)Star Bright by Catherine Anderson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to give this more stars, but couldn't. I liked the beginning. It was gripping and interesting. I could feel her panic and anxiety throughout most of the book, but where it feel short with me was it moved too slow. I find with Catherine Anderson books that they are generally way too long for what she writes about.

Faking her own death to escape her murderous husband, Rainie Hall takes refuge in the rural community of Crystal Falls, where she finds work as a bookkeeper on a horse ranch run by dangerously good-looking Parker Harrigan. But as their initial attraction blossoms, Rainie fears she can never escape retribution from the man who has sworn to kill her—and that her mere presence could jeopardize everything the Harrigan family holds dear.

I liked Rainie and Parker. I thought they were sweet, but the characters seemed like they were two dimensional trying to be three dimensional. And not quite pulling it off. Towards the end I kept skipping pages hoping it would just end. I think I'm going to stop reading Catherine Anderson for a while. She seems to do this a lot with her characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment